• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goat Mtn Clean up.. 9/19 Saturday

Outdoors

NAXJA Forum User
Well it looks like it's going to happen for sure. So I wanted to invite the forum here as a 4x4 participant as well.
I always enjoy wheelin' with you guys here so I thought you guys might be interested..
Rob, Torx, what do you guys think?
I know a lot of us wheel up there, and we want to keep it open so here's our chance to make a positive statement with all the local authorities who over see this area as well.

Event: Goat MTN Clean Up.
Date: SEPT 19th
Time: 9am Saturday
Meet Up : Estacada Ranger Station

This what I know so far..
SOLV is actually helping support us all in doing the clean up and the Clackamas County sheriff I talked to said they can arange a dump box for us to use. And the forest service is also included in this help and the drop box will most likely be at the Estacada ranger station for drop off. I'm bringing my Dodge Cummins to load it up along with some other trucks too. So far three off road groups besides Naxja are included that I know of. NoName4x4, Links4Jeeps, PNW4x4,

Bottom line, those of us that plan on wheelin' there in the future, it's future "right now" as far as I know is still not 100% clear yet..
So, I feel those that have a decision in keeping areas open there need to see "us" cleaning this area up now. It could open oppurtunities for the whole off road community there.. It certainly won't hurt especially now.

I've got a lot going on that weekend but if I can get away, I'd happily bring along my dad's toyo pickup to help clean up

Now about your Jeep?

I went to the early 21st century and had a hover conversion done, but was struck by lightning in 1955 and fried it. So now I have to put some 3/4 running gear under there.

hoverjeep.jpg

ill talk to some of my friends ive always wanted to do this im sick of all the trash and beer cans on the sides of roads trails, plus its the earth clean it up regardless of the outcome that shit doesnt need to be out in nature rotting. great idea whosever it was i hope everything goes great and a lot is accomplished!

The litter and garbage that people leave out in the woods, is well a crime to say the least... I just wish people would haul there trash out and pick up a piece they find on the way out on the ground as a ticket for exiting and playing in the woods.
Hidesintress, that'd be great if you could make it, we need all the help we can get... Thanks :)

i think ill be there with my little 2wd pickup the cherokee is dealing with an electrical demon... so ill atleast be able to pick up cans and light weight crap. hope to see you guys

hidesintrees, sounds great hope to see you there...
Dustin, work is work, see you next time ;-)
Nightfoam, It would be great to see you there, but I understand either way.
Richard, All I can is simply scary, in a good way!

Since it's tomorrow, I thought one last bump..;-)

Event: Goat MTN Clean Up.
Date: SEPT 19th
Time: 9am Saturday
Meet Up : Estacada Ranger Station

I'll be in my "dark" red Dodge Cummins 2nd gen. 97'

The cleanup went well. We had four rigs, and six people show up. We collected maybe 15 tires, and a couple pick-up bed loads of trash. I didn't get any pics, but Outdoors did. Maybe he will post them.

some things came up i wasnt able to go at the time, i went up there today and rode around saw the SOLV sign, i was dissapointed to see trash in the middle of a road off 4510. people have no respect its rediculous. ive decided just to carry a trash bag and every time im up pick up what i can, like bottles cans and paper then just toss it in the trash in town. any word on what the story is as far as why random trail and roads get blocked and destroyed and others dont? or simply the legal controversy? whatd the sherrif you spoke with say about all of this?

Back