• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going from 3 inches to 4.5 quesitons

delp1213

NAXJA Forum User
I will be upgrading soon and just want to make sure Im not forgetting anything. I have adjustable LCA's and track bar, extended brake lines, SYE, and adjustable discos. Am I forgetting anything that I will need?

sounds you like you have most of it, might want to look into getting longer shocks. I'd reccomend getting RE drop brackets.

delp1213 said:
yeah I thought about the drop brackets. Will the ride be that terrible without them?
Depends what you consider terrible. If your'e wanting it to ride like stock, then yes it will be terrible. I'm at 5" and the ride is like a truck, not a Lexus and I love it.

It'll be a good investment, ride will improve and it'll be better offroad too. I use to think my 4-5" lift road good, until i put the drop brackets on.

Ramsey said:
It'll be a good investment, ride will improve and it'll be better offroad too. I use to think my 4-5" lift road good, until i put the drop brackets on.

Just be aware you would be dragging the drop brackets if you live where a lot of rocks.

They havent been a problem for me, where they are in relation to the tire you usually dont get on them. After last trip to hot springs they braces had some nice gashes in the, but it was never a problem in me making something.

delp1213 said:
I will be upgrading soon and just want to make sure Im not forgetting anything. I have adjustable LCA's and track bar, extended brake lines, SYE, and adjustable discos. Am I forgetting anything that I will need?

Do you have a CV driveshaft?

I did the same as what you are going to do, went from about 3" to 4.5". I made my own adjustable UCAs and LCAs using RE builder balls. So far they work great and have a bunch of articulation. One problem I ran into when using my JKS track bar for less than 3" of lift was the angle of the bar. I just cut and re-angled, then rewelded mine so it will now work with the higher lift. I also needed longer front shocks too. Have you considered JKS ACOS? I put on a set and they are the bomb!
Good luck it sounds like you are just about set.

Tony

Hey bombero how about a pic or two of those LCA's I need some soon and want some ideas!!! I don't want to drop $250 if I can make my own. Sorry for partial hijack! At least I'm still on topic.

asatxj said:
Hey bombero how about a pic or two of those LCA's I need some soon and want some ideas!!! I don't want to drop $250 if I can make my own. Sorry for partial hijack! At least I'm still on topic.

x2. I would like to make my own UCA's and drop brackets this winter. Can you send me some info on how you made the UCA's

I have never posted pictures but I'll try. I'll also post my notes on materials used when I can figure out the picture deal...

Back