• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Leaf comparison

Crasher

NAXJA Forum User
I've about decided to replace the Rock Ready 8" lift on the 98 XJ that I just bought. I've read as many reports as I could find, and I don't think I want to go to the trail with it. I've never had it out yet, but just looking at it and reading, it'll be easier to sell it as new than used and broken. My options are to to replace the front arms & cradle with RK, IRO, Clayton or someone elses and keep the Skyjacker springs etc. The other is to replace the whole kit and sell this one. Now to my question. Is there enough of a difference in leaf springs to replace the ones that came with the kit?? I've heard that Skyjackers will sag faster than others. Replacing just the front arms is the lowest cost. I have no experience with rear leaf springs. I like the ride of my ZJ so maybe a rear coil conversion will be in order in the future. For now, though, I want a front suspension that I can feel confident in.

Thanks

If i were you i'd get a long arm kit now and replace your springs when they need replacing. 8" is a little high for me but as long as you've got the springs might as well keep em. Good long arm kits are TnT and Rustys. Although i've heard people have problems with the TnT ones binding up and unloading making for some interesting hill climbs. I can personally say that the Rustys long arms have been great to me and my friends that also run them.

Back