• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebrake cable routing?

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So, finally got the D44 under my '01, and can't remember where the Ebrake cable from the passenger side gets routed over to the connection on the drivers side? Anyone got any pics? or descriptions? It's got a bracket on it, and I think it was secured to the axle somewhere...diff cover bolt??

Yep, you're correct, under a dif cover bolt.

100_7174.jpg

Thanks man.....and Dayum...that is way to clean under there:worship:....I won't show you what my new axles look like....:eyes:

Brand new skidplate and fresh coat of paint on the axle back when I took the pic. Wish it still looked like that...

Back on topic... I just realized that when I install my new RuffStuff dif covers (with counter sunk bolts) I won't be able to secure the brake line under a bolt head anymore. Probably not a huge deal, I'd just rather not have it flopping around down there.

I'd try to find a stud and two nuts that match the cover bolt. Thread the stud in, mount the cover with the first nut and the bracket with the second.

This would give you a way to keep the cover attached when draining fluid without it dropping into the drain pan too.

Back on topic... I just realized that when I install my new RuffStuff dif covers (with counter sunk bolts) I won't be able to secure the brake line under a bolt head anymore. Probably not a huge deal, I'd just rather not have it flopping around down there.

I was thinking attaching it to the diff would keep it off the exhaust...:sunshine:

Figured there was a reason it was mounted like that, just wasn't sure what it was yet... Time to find another way of securing it.

I'd try to find a stud and two nuts that match the cover bolt. Thread the stud in, mount the cover with the first nut and the bracket with the second.

This would give you a way to keep the cover attached when draining fluid without it dropping into the drain pan too.

Doesn't just backing the top bolt out part way and then breaking the seal accomplish the same thing? Still won't help with my countersunk bolts as they have a tapered head on them.

I had a RuffStuff cover on my D30 on the last XJ...I was impressed...I'd buy again. Very stout, well made, and I dig the drain plug....no need to take the cover off...unless you grenage the Diff...and need to remove some loose teeth:eek:
My new axles came with Solid diff covers, so I'm good.

Back