• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Offroad Front Tow Hook Mount

dudeinanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone else seen this? I just came across this today. It would be a cheaper/stronger option to a front hitch and an alternative to other tow hook kits out there.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...een=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XTHM

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, i like the 8 bolts too..From what i have seen on these guys there chit is good, so i would do it if i needed tow hooks..

that looks like a good setup! most of their stuff looks like its well made. good prices too. hopefully they remain to be a standup establishment

It looks like it places the hooks too low(also on an angle...) with increases the amount of stress on the back bolts because it will want to twist up every time you pull...

Faill...in my eyes...

It looks like it places the hooks too low(also on an angle...) with increases the amount of stress on the back bolts because it will want to twist up every time you pull...

Faill...in my eyes...

The only way not to have this problem is to have D-RINGS..If you drop into a hole with stock hooks, they are going to point down too...RIGHT?
Even then with D-RINGS you are PULLING UP if you are in a hole...RIGHT?

Where does it bolt to?? Their pics don't show anything except what it looks like once installed. I hate when gear manufacturers do that... would it kill them to take a few more pics? If it gets ONE more sale it's more than worthwhile.

I inquired about the mounting points and was provided this picture below.
Only three of the mounting points are visible. The fourth one is behind (engine side) of the sway bar mount.

IROtowhookmountLarge.jpg

Doesn't look like it would be too hard to add some plating to tie it into the stock bumper/tow hook holes.

Back