• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts needed for a 99+ intake swap on a 1997?

chpmnsws6

NAXJA Forum User
I tried asking in another thread, but what all parts will I need to do the swap on my 1997? I know the intake, but can I use stock injectors/rail? Throttle body? Power steering bracket?

Anyone have any insight?

Not sure about the injectors\rail, but the rest should be fine.

just bolt it on. i just did it on my 98. the 96+ are just bolt on. just one senson you will have to extend the wires. other then that its nothing

Just realized I have 99-00 LS1 injectors sitting here. Looks like they will be going in with it. How much power can be gained from a header on a stock 4.0? I'm back and fourth whether it'd be worth replacing or fixing the cracked stock one.

Just realized I have 99-00 LS1 injectors sitting here. Looks like they will be going in with it. How much power can be gained from a header on a stock 4.0? I'm back and fourth whether it'd be worth replacing or fixing the cracked stock one.

I wouldn't expect any gains with replacing the stock manifold with a header, just the loss of noise from the crack.

Back