• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone made a cowl intake for a Renix?

well, it wont go where he has his because of the pressurized overflow tank due to Renix, but Im sure you could do it. What concerns do you have?

Swap to a HO intake, and swap to a later cooling system and ditch the pressure tank, then you could do it just like that.

I don't know about turning the airtube around on the Renix TB, I think it has a notch or something in the tube itself that probably lines up with something on the TB. Of course I threw the tube away long ago and I can't find my Renix TB right now, so I can't confirm this at this time. I do know that the area under the wipers does go all the way across, it would just be a matter of finding a place to run the tube that does not hit any wiring or wiper motors. Then finding out how to run the tube with as few bends as possible. But as I remember it, the rubber tube would have to point towards the airbox location in order to line up correctly, which sucks. To keep the Renix intake and cooling you might have to do some fabrication to avoid all the bends in the airtube.

If you do fabricate a replacement for the rubber hose part, I want to see pics, even though it would be entirely irrelevant to my Jeep at this time.

There is a notch on the renix for the IAC. If i were to do it I would trim the rubber intake tube and fit a piece of tube and a hose clamp.

it would be a pain in the ass to clean your air filter. I wheel alot and in the summer conditions are dusty enough where i clean my air filter every 2-3 times out. having it in the cowl seems like it would suck balls.

Back