• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade Update.

boomhauer

NAXJA Forum User
Iron Rocks XJ Critical Path Long Arm Upgrade has been out long enough now and would like people's opinion. I know there have been threads on this and i have read them, so as far as search goes,:moon:.
On road and off-road performance from people who've had the upgrade for @ least 3+ months and have really put it through it's paces. I'm looking for current up to date info to see if any faults have occured and if you would recommend it. Thanks for your updates fellas and ladies! -B

Because you said you didn't need to search. Yet that would be your best course of action. Go back to the threads that had activity and ask in them.

it is pretty damn stupid to thumb your nose at a forum, then ask for positive responses.

now go search noob

Did you even read the thread? I stated i already searched AND read the existing posts. So the moon was tongue in cheek. If i already read the existing threads what good is searching going to do me? I was looking for a current update. Last time i checked i was a paid member with my name in red and if i want to start a thread it is my goddamn right! Also, noob?! WTF! What does that make you then? What fukin good is it if people are always told to search? No new info will emerge. Show some class.
Question though, how the hell did i thumb my nose at the forum? -B

Last edited:
Calm down, it's the interweb.

And search for threads dealing with your topic then post in them. ;)

Come on people he did search..he's asking for updates no harm in that. you might also try a google search Boom..the only negatives about the lift are from people who don't even run the lift..that should tell you something lol!! buy it and don't look back.. it would be my 2 nd choice,first being rockkrawlers 3 link..

Come on people he did search..he's asking for updates no harm in that. you might also try a google search Boom..the only negatives about the lift are from people who don't even run the lift..that should tell you something lol!! buy it and don't look back.. it would be my 2 nd choice,first being rockkrawlers 3 link..

Thanks for the tip, and giving the thread a chance. lol:cheers:

I was hoping that this thread would survive cuz im curious as well. very close to upgrading. Although the RC longarm kit comes out mid october, so i may wait.

it is pretty damn stupid to thumb your nose at a forum, then ask for positive responses.

now go search noob

For one dude YOU are the NOOB if you look at the join date!!! Second, he is a paying member unlike some of the god damn leaches that have been here for years and NEVER supported this forum! If he wants to start a thread he can! You can also leave your usless drivel and show YOUR ignorance and stupidity!! Why not be a help instead of another Kalifornia Idiot!!

Changed my mind, let's keep it going, since others are interested too as XJ=Fun stated.
I asked this question as a summary of the product being used over time. Magazines always go back to visit a vehicle or product to see how exactly it is stacking up in real world abuse.

Thanks for having my back Colorado Raptor and Builder, it's appreciated!:peace:-B

I see from this tread XCM doesn't like this product..You can till cause he is being a A$$...ONLY RE DUDE...LOLOL... If i had the money i would run this set-up, but i am always for the underdog..I have read only good on it from folks that run it..I'll see if i can find the reports..
I also heard that RC is coming out with a long arm set-up..But we will see won't we..

I see from this tread XCM doesn't like this product..You can till cause he is being a A$$...ONLY RE DUDE...LOLOL... If i had the money i would run this set-up, but i am always for the underdog..I have read only good on it from folks that run it..I'll see if i can find the reports..
I also heard that RC is coming out with a long arm set-up..But we will see won't we..

Thanks Scott. Never knew RC had one coming out. I'll hit up their site for some pre-release info. Curious if it'll be a 3 link or 4? -B

XXX2 on the xcm subject.

Had a chat with Jimmie over @ RC about the upcoming LA Kit, here's the convo:

[Jimmie] Hello, how may I help you?
[Neil] Heard you folks were coming out with a long arm kit for the XJ in Oct. is that correct?
[Jimmie] yes
[Neil] i was just looking for some info
[Neil] 3 link or 4?
[Jimmie] 4
[Neil] do you know if the upper and lower links will be the same length and will there be a belly pan for mounting?
[Jimmie] belly pan
[Neil] Sweet! i guess i'll have to hold off on my LA purchase till Oct. Will this kit have an LA upgrade option instead of a full blown kit?
[Jimmie] not sure on that yet
[Neil] Ball park release date?
[Neil] Has pricing been confirmed?
[Jimmie] don't have an exact date and the price hasn't been decided yet
[Neil] You folks at RC have really pulled up your socks from a few years ago. Great pricing and real nice product. My Drop Brackets have worked flawlessy! Keep up the great work!
[Jimmie] thanks and we will do
[Neil] Thanks for your help Jimmie, have a great weekend!
[Jimmie] No problem you to

Not much info there other than it'll be a 4 link.
I think i'll stick with 3 link though. -B

Wow, thats still some great info though. I wonder why he doesnt know if their going to release just the LA upgrade. My entire kit has been from RC, and i really would hate to give my money to someone else. Only cuz im such an RC fan. But my friend runs Iron ROck three link and swears by it, never has any binding or anything. If RC isnt cheaper/better i will deff go with Iron Rock. Another thing that i have noticed is that the only people that bash Iron Rock are people that have never ran it.

Back