• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Length???

liljoe71

NAXJA Forum User
I have some springs that are 22 inches long and was told they were for 4.5" of lift from RE. Does anyone know the lenght for springs or maybe has a chart somewhere?

Lil Joe

Length alone wont tell you the lift height.

X2

Stock springs are 17" long so those are 5" longer. If they are painted gray they are RE. Only way your going to know how much lift they will give is to mount them.

Not true,you can figure it out based on measurements!

Not true,you can figure it out based on measurements!

Yes there is a formula but I don't know it. If you know the length, wire diameter, # of turns to the coil and spacing between coils, weight of vehicle, I think there are a couple more parameters needed, you can calculate the amount of lift a spring will provide. I suck at trigonometry, test fitting the spring is easier.

Ok the springs were grey and guy I got them from told me they were RE. I bombed them black to clean them up a bit.
Here are some details;
# of coils 12, 13 if you want to count the small one where it finishes the last coil.
5/8" diameter on the wire.
1-1/8" distance between the coils.
213.5340743440233 spring rate, with the link above.

I just removed my old ones and my spacers. I will be mounting them and my adjustable control arms hopefully tomorrow. I will get some measurements on the height when done.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back