• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS or Claytons

Choo_31

NAXJA Forum User
which company is better for the 8 inch long arm lift. One is a little cheaper but which is the best riding, flex etc. TIA for any imput!

I have the clayton 6.5 and it is awesome. Cant speak for the others... Their customer service is top notch and the kits are bullet proof.

Why do you want to go all the way up to 8 inches?

~James

What do you have planned for the Jeep, why so high, what kind of terrain, etc etc etc.

I want to go with the 8 inch kit to be able to clear 35's and still be able to flex without ripping off my fenders. I have bushwackers already with 33's but its about time for new tires so I wanted to go 35's. I have already put 4.56s and stronger axle shafts in. My jeep rides like crap, after reading a lot of info on here I might try new shocks first since it would be a lot cheaper. So my next question is which shocks to buy? RE, Bilstein, OME, etc.

Also after reading info today (I'm addicted to NAXJA now, working on becoming a red letter!). I'm pretty sure I can fit 35's without lifting more and hopefully the shocks make the ride better.

I have a 6 inch lift already with drop brackets. I'm going to try the shocks first. Probably Bilstein 5100's and try to fit the 35's under it

DSCF0107.jpg

Friend of mine and old NAXJA member on 5" with 35s and Bushwhackers. You can definitely run 35s under 6" and Bushwhackers. A lot of people will say do long arms, but there's plenty who will tell you short arms with drop brackets will be just fine. Some good shocks could go a long way towards what you want to achieve.

Yep, just outside of Oceanside. When we were there, we were the only Jeeps out there. There were a bunch of dirtbikes and a prerunner Toyota.

Back