• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling this weekend?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I know them there mountains will be crowded. .. Any of you going to be in the crowd?

I'm thinking of heading up to play in the dirt, always less fun alone. ;)

where in cali are you located and where to you plan on wheelin

We will be in lucerne valley. Ur welcome to come join us. But after u answer my vendor program pms and emails. Lol

Wow, I haven't wheeled with Cal since the Rubicon trip in 2004.

Looks like dishpan toward bigbear around noon, depending on time a quick gold mountain trip, dinner with a friend in Big Bear and if someone is around and down for it, a john bull night run, then home.

call me if you're interested in any or all for meeting details.

went fine?

wheeled a few trails. saw more forest rangers than jeepers. it was dusty. had a good time. :)

Wish I could make it.

considering going back tomorrow
no one responding to TXT's asking if they want to go.

:/

I would totally go but my rig has no axles.... justins got mine at the moment. When I get them back I will be in business. Hey cal, was that you about amonth back on the side of the 330??? It looked like u and some other guy in a lawn chair chillin. Saw u guys in a yellow jeep.

I would totally go but my rig has no axles.... justins got mine at the moment. When I get them back I will be in business. Hey cal, was that you about amonth back on the side of the 330??? It looked like u and some other guy in a lawn chair chillin. Saw u guys in a yellow jeep.

You mean on the side of the highway, with the hood up and a shredded fan belt hanging off of the fender?

Yeah, that was me sitting there watching group after group of NAXJA stickered XJ's go driving by without stopping. One guy even slowed down and yelled "Hey Cal!" before speeding up again.

considering going back tomorrow
no one responding to TXT's asking if they want to go.

:/

Was that you??? I got the text, but had no idea who it was from. Since when do you have an 818 number?

Oh, BTW, I can't go, but thanks for asking.

Was that you??? I got the text, but had no idea who it was from. Since when do you have an 818 number?

Oh, BTW, I can't go, but thanks for asking.

I've had that phone number since 2002. I used to carry two cel phones, seperation of work and home as it were, but the 714 number has been forwarded to the 818 number for a few years now. The 714 phone and some batteries are in the 'emergency roadside box'.

Last edited:
You mean on the side of the highway, with the hood up and a shredded fan belt hanging off of the fender?

Yeah, that was me sitting there watching group after group of NAXJA stickered XJ's go driving by without stopping. One guy even slowed down and yelled "Hey Cal!" before speeding up again.

I thought that was you. Wasn't sure but my gut told me to pull over. Sorry for not stopping. I even asked terry when we got to the trail head if that was you and he wasn't sure. I wasn't sure either but shouldda pulled over. For a minute I thought u were just chillin waiting to meet up with someone. My bad holmes.

If you were stuck on the 330 you should have called me!

I live about a half mile from the 330/210 interchange

If you were stuck on the 330 you should have called me!

I live about a half mile from the 330/210 interchange

I'll keep that in mind. I was only a few miles up 330, waiting for my dad to come down from fawnskin with a stupid belt.

My trail spare was packed in the "stuff to go to the rubicon" box, I was leaving 3 days later for the con.

Back