• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's and 3.07's...

YeaItsSlo

NAXJA Forum User
right now i have my stock gears on 32x11.5's.. and my jeep is a DOG! its 5 speed and i dont even use 5th anymore.. Will changing the gears give me better gas millage? cause im using a lot of gas right now.. and what gears would you said would be good for a DD?

Yeah, you should go with at least 4.10's I dont know if 4.56's would be ideal on a Standard.. I might be wrong, but I think you would be better off with steeper gears meaning 4.56's

3.73's on my 31's is deeper than stock. for a DD I think that 4.10's would be nice on 32's, if it's more of a trail rig then I would say 4.56

I'd go with 4.56s. I've had 4.10s with both 31x10.50s and 33x12.50s. 4.10s with 33x12.50s struggled towing a 1 ton pop-up camper.

It's on 4.56s now with the 33x12.50s. Can't tell you what I get for mpg, it's not a DD anymore.

I ran 32's with 4.56 and an auto for a long time, and LOVED it. It was -perfect-. Now I have 4.88's with 35's and wish I'd gone deeper.

Let me say that I have 4.10's with 32's and they are a PERFECT match (this is with an AW4 however). The speedometer is about 6-7mph higher than true speed on the interstate so that should show about how the gearing is in relation to stock. I haven't driven one of the AX15's but unless it has a really high overdrive, the guys who say to run 4.56's and actually have them must not get on the freeway very much.

CreativeSN said:
Let me say that I have 4.10's with 32's and they are a PERFECT match (this is with an AW4 however). The speedometer is about 6-7mph higher than true speed on the interstate so that should show about how the gearing is in relation to stock. I haven't driven one of the AX15's but unless it has a really high overdrive, the guys who say to run 4.56's and actually have them must not get on the freeway very much.

Ok..real life experience here. I've got 32's and 4.56 with the 5 spd. At 65 mph on the freewya, I'm turning 2650 rmp...not what I would consider "screaming" down the road.

I agree with you Ivan, but arround where i live you really have to be able to hold 70 and with my jeep that is turning quite close to 3000 rpms which i know isnt very high but the interior noise is very loud. Also despite what many people say, I believe those few extra rpms do use a significant amount of gas. Dont get me wrong i love my 4.56's and wouldnt trade them for the world but unlike me, if you have to do a significant amount of highway travel look into 4.10's

Back