• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cup Holder

R.DesJardin

NAXJA Forum User
So while running errands today in my XJ(I'm new to XJ's) I stopped at Starbucks and bought a coffee. And wow no cup holder, so when I got home I made this. Notice it fits in the console compartment when you need the e-brake, and yes the lid shuts.
PICT0959.jpg
PICT0960.jpg

Rory D.

Not bad. The factory one interferes with the e-brake handle too.

The cupholder situation in the XJ is pretty lacking.

I have had the factory style over the e-brake and it works fine if your XJ is adjusted tight enough but it is not very deep or stable.

I have also had the factory style on the right side of the consul and it is probably slightly better but it gets in the way of the passenger and isn't that deep or stable either.

I added bike water bottle cages on either side of my consul for bottle and un-opened drinks, IF mine was driven on the street I would probably add the boat style folding cup holders on each door as a decent solution.

If you have that much room in your consul yours looks pretty elegant!! Nice work and finish.

Michael

Bruno™;244553476 said:
Cup holder problems? Eh, just get a late model. My cup holders are deep, stable and are overall great. :D

-Lyle

I'll stick to my vent windows, closed cooling system, simple computers, crappy fiberglass hatch, and horrible ground old Jeep...yet readily available junkyard parts, Thanks. :thumbup:

~Scott

I'll stick to my vent windows, closed cooling system, simple computers, crappy fiberglass hatch, and horrible ground old Jeep...yet readily available junkyard parts, Thanks. :thumbup:

~Scott
cool.

i'll take a late model :eeks1:

Glad I posted this, I need to build another one for my '88. Need a place to hold my Starbucks.

I'm sure some MJ guys with a full console would like these. I have a 97-up center console for my MJ or I would consider something like this.

Our neighbor at the 4500 shop makes a variety of boat accessories for his business. One of his products is a UHMW cup holder...
534DF327-2860-4725-B19B-C441F871DE3D.jpg

The mounting base is removable, via a extruded slide in the UHMW. Pretty slick design.
BDEF1581-642B-4D87-8497-D5E372B1AF6A.jpg

If I didn't have a late model, I'd find a spot for one or two of these.

That UMHW holder looks awesome. But, where's the 3D printer when you need it?

Back