• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on engine rebuild?

pmartinez

NAXJA Forum User
My question on engine rebuild is, who has done it and what were your results?
I know most of use have high miles on our engines. After a rebuild does it run cooler? Has your mileage increased?
I know that the other benifits are more power and less oil consumsion but is there any thing thing else that you may have noticed?

And what type of rebuild did you do? Rings and bearing,valve grind,or complete overhaul , bore job, pistons etc.?

i rebuilt me 89 renix Id do it all over again. as far as increase in mileage i dont know i never got to drive it before the rebuild rod started knocking really bad power increase yes i upgraded cam pm me and i will give you the deal that i got

thats really a tough one to answer because there's a million variables with your current engine's condition and what you do to rebuild.

if you're gonna do it, tear it down, have the cylinders bored, crank checked/polished, block decked, valves done, head resurfaced, replace pistons, rings, bearings, cam, and gaskets, water pump, t stat, and thats just off the top of my head.

i'm building a stroker now, and if i had to rebuild i'd build a stroker. unless you really have no need, but it sure makes things more fun.

Yes I would love to build a stroker but calif smog laws are real hard to deal with, cams, more compression, different injectors might make it tough to pass the test we have here.

Back