• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4:56 Gears

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
Im planning on upgrading to some 4:56 gears for my 8.25 and D30 sometime soon. Im wondering if you guys know of a good place to buy them from as well as someone who can install them for not a lot of cash?

Also do I just need to buy the ring and pinion or is there some other hardware I would need to get?

Thanks guys.

I am in no way a axle expert but I can strongly recomend National Drivetrain they back there stuff really well and are very easy to deal with. If youre gonna get into the axle you should replace all the bearings and seals, just as cheap insurance if for no other reason and master install kits are only like 50 bucks.

Ya national drive terrain is awsome, im also going to be haveing a 8.25 with 4.56 and arb forl sale very shortly, and a low pinion 30 4.56 and arb too

I bought mine from PORC. Really easy to work with and the prices were awesome. Do you know who your gonna take em to for re-gearing them?

Get the full install kits for your axles as well as axle tube seals. There are several vendors who are NAXJA sponsors who sell gears. I do installs as well as others on this forum. It takes a full day plus possibly a little more depending on how easy it goes. PM me for installation prices.

I am having my gears done next weekend by JeeperJohn. I bought mine from Rusty's Offroad since they have a special going on a KIT for BOTH the front and rear which includes install kits and everything you need. The low ratio carrier for the D30 is extra.

Im planning on upgrading to some 4:56 gears for my 8.25 and D30 sometime soon. Im wondering if you guys know of a good place to buy them from as well as someone who can install them for not a lot of cash?

Also do I just need to buy the ring and pinion or is there some other hardware I would need to get?

Thanks guys.

You could pm ROBERTK on here. I just talked with him about the same setup for my Jeep, and I thought he was reasonable.

He said he already bought them lol. I don't think he needs two ;).

But yea, ROBERTK is a good guy to go to for future reference! :)
rob does installs too :twak: and in his first post he said he is looking for a good place to buy, where did you see that he already bought them?

Haven't bought anything yet...but when the funds come in I'll be giving you a pm JeeperJohn. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Back