• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine side bracket combusts... options? with pics of carnage!

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
Like the title says, the motor mount bracket that bolts to the block decided to crap the bed after going over only a small bump... i suspect that it had been working on that for a while. luckily for me i have the RE Tracbar brace, which consequently "caught" my engine, and is holding it in there. just another reason to get the RE Tracbar setup

well now that its broken what are my options? replace with OEM or do something like the MORE brackets? is there a company that makes an OE style unit that is cheaper than the MORE setup? unfortunatly cost is a factor, but at the same time i dont want to see this happen again.

EDIT: i just found the Brown Dog Offroad ones, they are a little cheaper than MORE, but not too much. any input to compare the two?

P9030944.jpg

P9030943.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know of many companies offering a stock replacement. Most people want to upgrade the engine mounts/brackets, rather than go to stock.

I would go with Brown Dog. I have their motor mounts, and they are quality. Made in USA too.

I don't know of many companies offering a stock replacement. Most people want to upgrade the engine mounts/brackets, rather than go to stock.

I would go with Brown Dog. I have their motor mounts, and they are quality. Made in USA too.

yeah i hear that are pretty awesome... i just need to come up with the coin. I really like that they are USA made and have free shipping :thumbup:. Good American company

you got lucky!! usually the bolts shear off the block.

well since my financial status hasnt changed i decided to take matters into my own hands.... i decided the weld the bugger. i tested it to see if it was cast iron or cast steel, and it was cast steel, so all i had to do was preheat and burn away.

i did that, and i just didnt feel quite comfy with just throwing weld in there, so i aded a plate to the front, and an additional diagonal. bear in mind this is just a temp thing till i can afford a better fix

P9040947.jpg

P9040948.jpg

and painted and pretty

P9040949.jpg

P9040950.jpg

I am going to ferris state for welding engineering

Double check your tranny mount. If the engine mount goes, the tranny mount is normally shot as well.

Double check your tranny mount. If the engine mount goes, the tranny mount is normally shot as well.

tranny mount is new. well new as in 2 months old. now both motor mounts are new as well

That actually looks like a good permanent fix but as was mentioned it couldn't hurt to pick up a couple extra bolt holes.

yeah i would love to pick up some more holes, but since the motor is in the vehicle and i am working with limited space and whatnot i dont see that happening in the near future... at least not with home fabrication. all this does beg the question as to why jeep didnt just put a bigger beefier mount on there anyways. the only thing i can think of is materiel costs.

Back