• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question about a heep I am thinking..

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of starting a Jeepspeed project for our Church. We had a lot of interest in racing a stock car, but that fell thru as the car they had got was modified more than what was worth to take it apart to make it fit in the class they were wanting to run... so while i was looking at a 350 chevy block I got for free for that car the idea struck me...

Why not see about doing Jeep speed with an old cherokee. I even might have a lead on a jeep for it as well, but I have not had any time to research or look into it yet aside from some quick skimming of the Jeepspeed section.

The question I have is can a jeep that has been rolled on its side be used for Jeepspeed if I need to remove the top and use a roll cage to tie it in as a open top jeep style? Also can it be a green sticker vehicle or do i have to get it registered? From quick glance that I saw on some rules it seems it has to be stock with doors type setup and at insured and registered for highway use. If that is the case I dont think this heep will be a good thing to look at aside from parts or maybe a open top crawler...

Thank you for your answers :). I just want to check real quick before I get too excited in presenting the idea to my friends and researching it more etc. Ok off to the concert see you all later :).

www.jeepspeed.com, that is the official site I believe and will have all the rules and specs.
How big is your church? If we tried anything like this at my church it'd basically be me, my two brothers in law and the older one's father in law. Maybe one other guy would come out. But we're small. :D
I'd probably look into a rock crawler myself just for insurance purposes. You'd probably have to take out some form of liability insurance through the church to cover any possible injuries during the building phase, racing, repairing after racing, etc etc, and especially if the youth (even high school) get involved, that could get very expensive.
But sounds like fun, one of these days maybe we'll organize a church wheeling event. Take the few wheelers from my church any from yours, and maybe throw in Joshua Springs and their group, Extreme Wheelers for Christ. They've got some nice rigs there, including the buggy built specifically for the church...

www.jeepspeed.com, that is the official site I believe and will have all the rules and specs.
How big is your church? If we tried anything like this at my church it'd basically be me, my two brothers in law and the older one's father in law. Maybe one other guy would come out. But we're small. :D
I'd probably look into a rock crawler myself just for insurance purposes. You'd probably have to take out some form of liability insurance through the church to cover any possible injuries during the building phase, racing, repairing after racing, etc etc, and especially if the youth (even high school) get involved, that could get very expensive.
But sounds like fun, one of these days maybe we'll organize a church wheeling event. Take the few wheelers from my church any from yours, and maybe throw in Joshua Springs and their group, Extreme Wheelers for Christ. They've got some nice rigs there, including the buggy built specifically for the church...

Thank you for the link! :). Yeah our church is small and likely just a few of us would do it, but thats why I want to get as much info as possible to see if those who were interested in racing stock car and building it would be interested in this idea.. or like you suggest make a crawler or something :). Getting together wheelers from your church and such would be cool :). Maybe we can hook up sometime this fall or something :).

Also did anyone know where I might find or get a flex ramp? I would like to see about having one at our church's next concert (1st Wed of October at 7). That way not only can people go to the concert and eat but can watch and flex their rigs... although not sure what Liability/insurance that would take... hehe. I know that they have a group that does that at a pizza place here every month so maybe I will talk to them :).

Back