• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor and trans mount suggestion?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Fan's hitting the shroud, and it clunks while holding brake and shifting to Reverse so it's Time to replace all 3. All Baxter's has is Anchor and I hear those suck.
Don't want to spend a ton on MOREs yet, so is there another brand that may be available at a parts store or 4wheelParts or stealership that DOESN't suck but is less than the MOREs?
Trying to get ready for our Labor Day trip so I've got 2 days to deal with this :shocked:

Forgot to mention, my tran mount has a rubber exhaust mount too. All the mounts I find do not have this. Will that be an issue not having the sxhaust supported over the Xmember? Noone has the mount with the hanger bushing or i'm looking in the wrong place. Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
I don't think any of the transmission mounts have the exhaust hanger as an attached accessory.

My 1990 has a heavy metal plate that bolts to the transmission with the exhaust hanger attached to it, but the transmission mount bolts to that plate and the crossmember.

BTW, there are two types of transmission mounts, one is 1 1/2" tall and one is 3" tall. Mine required the 3" tall mount, and Quadratec told me the XJs with the exhaust hanger as I described earlier requires the 3" mount.

Can't help you for motor mounts, I went Brown Dog and can't be happier.

Yup I looked at it in the daylight and yer right on. Looking back from the front axle, the left side is totally flat, and teh exhaust pipe is rididng on the Xmember. Motor mounts look fine though. Amazing what such a slight change in height does to the fan alignment! Hop that fixes it. If not, yeehah.
I'm wondering if the pipe on the Xmember is the clunk/knock I hear on big bumps? That or something worse. We'll see.

I'm looking to replace my transmission mount too. I checked napa and they are like 30 bucks, same as MORE. I can't decide if I want to go poly or not though being they are the same price basically makes it a harder decision.

I'm looking to replace my transmission mount too. I checked napa and they are like 30 bucks, same as MORE. I can't decide if I want to go poly or not though being they are the same price basically makes it a harder decision.

I bought the Brown Dog natural rubber motor mounts, but I went with the poly trans mount.

Back