• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn and more 10/29/06

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
OK since there seems to be a demand here we go with another cleghorn run.

Where: Meet at the Cleghorn offramp on the 15. We can feasibly hit cleghorn and pilot rock in one day so I think we should.

When: October 29th at 9am

Who: Anyone wanting to either do a senic easy run or a optional hard run.
ANY TYPE OF VEHICLE IS INVITED AND ALL MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO INVITE NEWBS (LOL newbs)

:party:

We can stop for lunch but this time I think we should all bring food for our selves and not a BBQ but If you guys want one we can do one.

THIS IS NOT A OFFICIAL NAXJA RUN

Lets see if we can go for less carnage this time, I am in with maybe a newb with an FJ (provided he doesn't flake again) Cold sack lunch!!!!

erikwylie said:
Lets see if we can go for less carnage this time, I am in with maybe a newb with an FJ (provided he doesn't flake again) Cold sack lunch!!!!
Less skinny peddle will lessen carnage :)

Why a cold sack lunch? This shows your not a vetran wheeler...lol.... we do manifold burritos :)

Put me down for a definite maybe!!! :laugh3:

Maybe the wife's TJ will be ready by then as well...

dzraces said:
Less skinny peddle will lessen carnage :)

Why a cold sack lunch? This shows your not a vetran wheeler...lol.... we do manifold burritos :)

manifold burritos!!?? hah! i always joke about it but does that really work? lol. anyways. i'm in!!

works great///i might make this one:skull1:

rooster87 said:
manifold burritos!!?? hah! i always joke about it but does that really work? lol. anyways. i'm in!!

I have seen burritos, hot dogs, BBQ pork and tri-tip on manifolds..
Now granted, the hot dogs were boiled first, then wrapped in aluminum foil, then placed on the manifold to warm them up. Same with the pork & tri-tip - BBQ'd, then re-heated on the manifold.

These warm lunches beat the heck out of cold sandwiches.

Well, I have some serious wrenching to do first, I think that now that I have the rear driveshaft back on I am thinking that I might have broken the front axle, not quite sure, gonna line up a new one first before I take it apart.

rpraterxj said:
I have seen burritos, hot dogs, BBQ pork and tri-tip on manifolds..
Now granted, the hot dogs were boiled first, then wrapped in aluminum foil, then placed on the manifold to warm them up. Same with the pork & tri-tip - BBQ'd, then re-heated on the manifold.

These warm lunches beat the heck out of cold sandwiches.

there should be a cook book for under the hood! gotta try it some time though...

As a kid, many many decades ago, I remember seeing plans in an issue of Popular Mechanics for building an exhaust manifold oven.
It even had recipes, including roast beef. 'Drive 75 miles and serve'<g>.

Sounds like fun.... ive never met with any of you guys... so yes, im a newb!. How does it work....roll up,introduce myself & just tag along???

BINGO

mattyj074 said:
Sounds like fun.... ive never met with any of you guys... so yes, im a newb!. How does it work....roll up,introduce myself & just tag along???

Put me down for a possible but i might have to work that day.
-Allen

Shoot, mother in laws bday.....looks like I might be out of town....so I am now tentative

mattyj074 said:

Sorry Matty, no Honda guys allowed. That is, unless they're factory supported suspension guys.....

Back