• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JY Door Removal

slikxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was hoping to take advantage of the 1/2 off sale at PYP this weekend. I want to get both front doors to make some 1/2 doors. What is the easiest way to take the door with the hinges installed??

Thanks!

You could probably rent one, I'm sure from a place like Clairemont Equipment rentals, but it might cost a bit. You could also just get the appropriate size Torx bit that's for a ratchet and perhaps use a breaker bar to break the bolts loose.

I have a set of doors you can have.. you have to come get em or find a way to do it tho. Some beer or a small donation for beer would be gladly appreciated, but not required.

Sounds about right, lol. I live near Pismo. Sure you can find a way to train them down. Might be going to Magic Mountain soon.

Sounds about right, lol. I live near Pismo. Sure you can find a way to train them down. Might be going to Magic Mountain soon.

Crap, tha's quite a ways out. I actually just noticed that the rear doors share the same hinge. I could cut the rears with a hacksaw and swap them to the front donor doors. I've read that the chevy s10 blazer tire carrier could be made to fit as tube doors. I will look for the carrier, if no luck I'll hit you up, thanks.

Back