• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer Reflash?

BigMike80

NAXJA Forum User
I've had some issues with a misfire but after replacing all the plugs my problem has disappeared. I still have the CEL on though...Is there a way i can reflash or reset the computer myself? Ive heard a couple things about leaving the batter disconnected overnight or touching the batter terminals together to reset it....but I'd like to get a solid answer from you guys.

Thanks

I've had some issues with a misfire but after replacing all the plugs my problem has disappeared. I still have the CEL on though...Is there a way i can reflash or reset the computer myself? Ive heard a couple things about leaving the batter disconnected overnight or touching the batter terminals together to reset it....but I'd like to get a solid answer from you guys.

Thanks

Remove both the positive and negative cables from the battery.

Rub them together for 10 seconds or so.

Put the cables back on the battery.

That way works. If you don't want to lose your clock/radio presets just unhook all 3 plugs from the PCM (beside the airbox) for about 10 minutes. That should also clear it properly. I assume you have a 96+.

The same method would also work with pre 96 but there's just one larger plug to mess with instead of 3 smaller ones!

Back