• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota Digital fan controller

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
While researching options for my newly acquired Taurus fan I saw this controller:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=641/prd641.htm

It will handle single fan, dual fan, or a dual speed fan and is completely adjustable for high and low temps for each option. It's only $114 direct from Dakota Digital, including a 70amp relay! And it's made in America. I think I'm going to go this route.

Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/pac-2700.pdf

BTW - I am in no way associated with this company, I've just been looking for a good option and wanted to pass this on.

Im just concerned about the a/c clutch controller as on the new rigs I believe its in the PCM and will that cause problems... Im going to order one depending on what they say as I only have 2 wires coming out of my sending unit and need to find the right wire to hook up and make sure the a/c still functions as well...

themud

It's just sensing the voltage when the A/C kicks in which triggers the fan to kick in. It's not interfering with, or replacing the job of the PCM. If the compressor is turning, so is the fan. Unless i'm missing the subtle nuances of the PCM A/C relationship I'm ok with the way they did it.

I would probably run the ECM fan circuit into it. On the XJ the ECM grounds the fan relay control circuit whenever the engine temperature trips the limit or when the A/C clutch is engaged, so in theory you should be able to intercept that circuit for the controller. You need to find out what it does when the A/C signal is detected, based on the number of fans you want to control (ie, in a dual-fan setup will it turn on one or both fans?)

bump for an old thread. how did you like this controller? i was looking at the spal and found one thread with a massive complaint and poor customer service. so looks like this is my next option, unfortunatley i will be running 3 fans and can only find dual fan controllers

Back