• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4WD back this weekend

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I will finally be installing my front gears this weekend and so for the first time since the 8.8 went in in febuary I will have a bona-fide 4X4 again.

Go to the PNW Meet and greet! Sept 12-13

~Scott

Glad to hear it James. Good luck with the install. :)

Well, I'm officially back in the world of people who have a 4wd rig. I got a taste of both sides of gear installs. My 8.8 installed really easy but the D30 was a royal pain in the neck. Everything started well enough. The set up bearings I borrowed made quick work of setting the carrier shims. Things went south when we pressed the new bearings on and found they were a different thickness than the set up bearings. We ended up having to start all over and press the bearings on and off every time until we got the pattern set again. Must have had the bearings on and off about 8 or 9 times. Finally got a good pattern and put it all back together. At least its all done now and I can wheel again!

Back