• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Party time heads up

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
To all celebrating end of summer this week and weekend..... be aware that there was a fair amount of $ dumped into lots of agencies and they'll be out in force fishing..... There's actually patrol shifts out there throughout OC (and I would guess other counties as well) where their only duty is to hook folks for DUI's.... so party with a designated driver.

Rancho sheriffs' and upland PD working hard. i'm makin some $$$ this week.

Well, hopefully some lives can be saved, then. We need to combat the drunks on the road. I'm so tired of watching COPS or the You Won't Believe What the F Just Happened! Worlds Most Amazing Footage... shows, and hearing about idiot drunk after idiot drunk slamming into someone.

PLEASE, FOLKS, IF YOU HAVE A FEW, STAY AT THE PARTY! It really, really isn't worth killing someone. :)

AMEN! I certainly don't mind being delayed a couple minutes, especially when I see a couple cars already up on tow trucks and others waiting. now THAT'S something I'm willing to spend my tax dollars on.

I'll be safe at home having a beer, decomissioning Kyung's Jeep :D

DUI check point in upland friday. i'll be there helping get the effen dumb a$$es off the road and earning a lil more $GREEN$ for my heep. if your gonna drink and need a local tow home call me. or at least call AAA (member or not, on holidays etc AAA will tow you home for free its called a tipsy tow. DONT FORGET TO TIP THE DRIVER. if you need more info PM me :cheers: = :repair:

I'm taken back that there even has to be a warning. People should not be driving under the influence, PERIOD. I have no sympathy for anyone who gets arrested for DUI.

This hits a little close to home.

It is wonderful to know that so many of you are concerned with this very major issue! As anyone who knows me at all realizes, I likes me some drink. However, I do not hit the road if I have had over two beers, no matter what.

Getting involved in a DUI accident or stop is one of the most selfish things I can think of at the moment. You are literally saying, Yea, I know I’m a bit hammered, but (insert excuse here). Horrible.

It doesn’t matter if you have to work the next day, it doesn’t matter if your friend has no room for you to crash (the Jeep is always available ;)), and it doesn’t matter if you “think you drive fine while intoxicated”. You don’t. Nobody does, and that is the truth. At 70 MPH, one hazy decision can end it all for a lot of people.

Anyhow, rant over, I just feel pretty strongly about this subject. This weekend, I’ll spend at home probably, watching COPS and hoping that no asshats come crashing into my living room because they are speeding around wasted. :)

I'm taken back that there even has to be a warning. People should not be driving under the influence, PERIOD. I have no sympathy for anyone who gets arrested for DUI.

This hits a little close to home.
It's not so much that there has to be a warning, but if this makes one person think better of driving after they have been drinking then it's keystrokes well spent.

Like i said, call if you need to. a few of you already have my number so now theres no excuss. i would rather hook your car then see or hear about someone getting hooked or even worse "KILLED" over a DUI. it's a no brainer.

Back