• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who likes their Monroe Sensatracs?

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
Advance is offering a $80 rebate on 4 of them, so the total works out to something like $90

I was originally set on the ProComp ES3000's, which will be like $150

I was hoping to get opinions on whether the ProComps would be worth the extra $60 on a daily driver....:D

they are ok for the price, the truth is there's only a handful of manufacturers and thousands of names on them.

personally i'd save the 60 bux and do monroe's. is there a lifetime warranty on either?

I have those on my WJ. They ride stiffer than stock but are good shocks for the price. Stable ride and good on gravel and rough surfaces. Not a true off road shock but a good replacement shock.

I put them in the rear of my XJ and have OME's up front. They ride a little stiffer but still nice. Very smooth and cushioned.

I've had mine for three years running and they have held up great. My xj is a heavy hauler with tools and materials at times. Nearly 50k on them so I am looking at my options for future shocks but am not in any hurry.

ive had these on for alittle over a week. im running them with about 3" of lift, and they are doing fine. i went wheeling this past weekend and they performed great, surprised how well she rode. they soak up pot holes, and stuff on the road wonderfully. ordered mine through rockauto- $100/shipped for all 4. cant beat that.

I definitely like mine, however, next time I won't be buying the load-adjusting models for the rear... When empty, the thing sits a little too high in the rear for my liking and they tend to be quite unforgiving when rolling over off-camber terrain inconsistencies (vehicle occupants tend to get whipped from side to side), but I can almost assure you it's because they're the load adjusters... The one time I loaded the vehicle down pretty heavily they were absolutely fantastic, but for all other situations I'm sure the regular ones would probably be great.

I like mine a pretty fair bit. A little bit of "body wobble" when I abuse her but a heckuva lot better than the OEM's I replaced. Does MUCH better on washboard roads and whatnot. A good shock.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, unless I was going metal-bent & hell bound over rough terrain. What I do in my rig... they are great!

Had them on front of my tj coulndn't really tell a difference in them and the one'd I replaced. Like already said Their is only a handfull of manufactures that even make shocks same thing for batterys.

Well this is gonna be on an OME 2" lift....

I was gonna use YJ shocks for the front, MJ's for the rear

Unless Advance has their own rebate, there is only a $20 rebate = $140 total
It must be an Advance thing then, it's on their website homepage

Last edited:
I run them, not the stock ones. I mixed and matched so I got a set with 11-12" travel front and rear from non XJ applications. Used stud mounts (top and bottom) in the front and had to switch bushings in the rear. Works great but a bit harsh since I had to go to truck applications to get the travel.

John

Back