• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strobe lights for my XJ

Jeep-Guy

NAXJA Forum User
I want to add strobe lights in the head and taillights on my XJ, but I’m not sure how to approach this. I currently have a strobe on my dashboard but it just gets in the way, does anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

According to Washington State law my reasoning is legal, but that’s another discussion, I’m trying to figure out the best way to approach this project.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94824&highlight=light

If you're doing the strobes, I'd get one of these too.

disco_ball.jpg

Makes all the difference !

Can't put strobes into sealed headlights like on an xj. You should be able to hook the lights up with wigwags though. You may be able to squeeze them into the front parking lights or corners, but it would be tight. It would be easier to put some LEDs up front somewhere. Just remember, with the hidden storbes you have to have a light fixture that is large enough on the inside to accomodate the strobe plus the existing light. That's not always easy to do.

Here's another site to check out.
http://www.westchatham.com/

This is who we use for our vehicles at work.

www.buyemp.com

I work for them and also have this in my rig. I am a firefighter/EMT-P
I would go with the wigwag set up over the strobes in the headlights. Now you could stobe the blinkers and get clear signals. like this
P1010060.jpg

I also have some Red/White LED's in the Grill those are the best in my mind.

Also look at the leds to go under the mirror. They are slick and bright as hell !!!

skip the stobes go LED, I have 911ep, 12LED light above the mirror on the windshield. Very nice and bright at all times and no modification needed to anything. For 360* lighting, req. in PA I have a Fed Sig fire beam to put on the roof. Its magnetic mount and stays on the seat bracket when not in use. Strobes are nice but draw traffic and do not attract very well in bright light. They are also much more costly when replacing bulbs.

I blew a storbe bulb a while back, it then overheated and melted my slick new white parking light, nothing a tube of silicone couln't fix but still a pain. Those massive round lights I have mounted on the bumper in the video above have multiplied by 2 and migrated onto my new roofrack. :)

Back