• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally Finshed My Gas Can Mount

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally finished my Gas/Water can mount. It only took a year to get off my ass and drive down to my friends shop. Computerized Plasma tables are pretty cool! Johnny, thanks for the Fuel cans. Now, off to the powder-coater.

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

Very cool Rich. What are you going to do about the license plate?

Very cool Rich!

I still think you have one of the nicest XJ's around!

Looks good Rich. What kind of latches are those?

Nice cans!

Looks good Rich.

Got any pics w/o the cans?

Looks niiiiice. When did you swap in the diesel engine?

Are you referring to my cool green fuel can or the gay Santa blue can?

I think that Santa can lisp for himself.

Yeah... the green one.

WAIT! WAIT!

I just remembered.

Red=gasoline
Blue=potable water
Yellow=diesel

WTF is green? Is it just military surplus?

Looks good Rich I think you have the second best looking xj around.

Nice set up there Ford Guy! :). I like how you made it swing out like a tire rack :)

Nice job on the gas carrier. I added a gas carrier to my tire swing and had a lisence plate issue as well. (props to skullver for making the bumper) I came up with a cheap fix. Just bought some 1" L metal brackets from Home Depot and mounted them to the bottom of the gas carrier. It's not the most trick mod but it gets the job done and it looks clean at the same time. I don't have a light over the plate, which I guess is law in Cali but I have had this set up for over 6 months and no tickets.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job on the gas carrier. I added a gas carrier to my tire swing and had a lisence plate issue as well. I came up with a cheap fix. Just bought some 1" L metal brackets from Home Depot and mounted them to the bottom of the gas carrier. It's not the most trick mod but it gets the job done.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

dont forget to add the light..... if someone has a bad day they can ruin yours for no light...

bhicks thats a nice rig :).

Back