• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FIRE!!!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
This has been burning since earlier today, and it's doing nothing but gaining momentum. Apparently this mountain hasn't burned in over 200 years, since they started keeping fire records in 1880. The brush is too thick and it's just taking off.

IMG_0769.jpg

And this is my house to the right in this picture (behind the wall)

IMG_0763.jpg

runinafire.gif

Damn, I hope it moves the other way.

the fires are no joke again this year, its about the same view from just north of my sister in laws house up by pasadena 2 nights ago. crazy stuff, i hope nobody loses thier homes and definately not thier lives.

Yea, people are morons. I hate arsonists. Don't get me wrong, we all like fire, but keep it to the camp fire at the desert, not the hillside. A friends brother is on this fire, and my brother in law will likely end up up there as well.

As for me, I'm fine, there's quite a few miles of pavement between me and the hill, it'd have to be pretty out of control to get to me.

Yea, people are morons. I hate arsonists. Don't get me wrong, we all like fire, but keep it to the camp fire at the desert, not the hillside. A friends brother is on this fire, and my brother in law will likely end up up there as well.

As for me, I'm fine, there's quite a few miles of pavement between me and the hill, it'd have to be pretty out of control to get to me.

Just remeber to keep an eye of your roof for the flying live burning sticks and stuff! :flame: <---- Huh, this emote seems fitting for this post :twak:

Keep yes posted incase you get evacuated

Just remeber to keep an eye of your roof for the flying live burning sticks and stuff!

I used to run sprinklers on my roof when fires got near.

Or you can just move out of Cali like I did :D

a few years ago, a major fire swept thru lake arrowhead area - all the homes on hook creek road were lost, except for one - retired firefighter who had his shiite together. best wishes for u & your family jim - long as e-one is okay, property can be replaced

In that case, we've got loads of time to work on your math skills.

"This has been burning since earlier today, and it's doing nothing but gaining momentum. Apparently this mountain hasn't burned in over 200 years, since they started keeping fire records in 1880."

"This has been burning since earlier today, and it's doing nothing but gaining momentum. Apparently this mountain hasn't burned in over 200 years, since they started keeping fire records in 1880."

:lecture:

We started smelling the smoke up here last night, wondering where it was this time.

holy shit get the gf and the xj out of there ASAP!

screw the GF! she takes space of spare parts! =)

that sucks though jim, hopefully wind will blow in your favor and blow it away from your place, theres a plus side to the brush burning... no more calif pin striping in that area of the hills and you will be able to make new trails where the fire burned all that brush =)

They STARTED keeping fire records in 1880, I should have said they don't THINK it's burned in over 200 years, but definitely hasn't since they started in 1880

screw the GF! she takes space of spare parts! =)

that sucks though jim, hopefully wind will blow in your favor and blow it away from your place, theres a plus side to the brush burning... no more calif pin striping in that area of the hills and you will be able to make new trails where the fire burned all that brush =)
Never been near a fire before? Afterward, they close down the land for a long time before they along recreation again...

Back