• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hole fixed, Bed Liner IN!

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
So i had a productive Saturday. My brother and i decided we would fix my rust hole on my XJ.

0829091605.jpg

Rivited a down some alumium after cutting the cancer out. Put some black RTV to seal around the edges.

then i figured it was time to do some roll in bed liner. I went with the Rust-olum roll in bed coat. got it for 54 bucks for the gallon so the price was right.

I wont post the "prep" pictures cause that shit white floor boards being cleaned.

but here is what ive come up with after one good coat.

0829092215.jpg

Last night working under a shop light,

0830090731.jpg

This morning

0830090733.jpg

0830090736.jpg

And for those wondering were my rear pannels are... well i did them too

0830090738.jpg

I think so far it is comming out looking very nice. I will be applying another coat today to cover up spots i missed and add that extra layer of durability. :patriot:

Oh and also yesterday i made a quick trip from Victorville to Yucca Valley to meet with fiyerbirdie to get the shackles and bastard packs! thanks again man, the drive home was FAST! Doing 70 all the way on Old Womens Springs road! LOL

Here it is Sunday Night and i got everything just about put back together. This is the first time from the night i got her home that the interior has been back in. I like how it turned out. And not that the interior is back together, its time to start mounting my mag light and fire ext, and all that fin stuff!

But without further a-do, here is some crappy pictures i snapped. OH and dont mind the white flake stuff, it is not my floor board showing it is ASH from the forrest fire that is going on.

0830092200.jpg

0830092202.jpg

0830092205.jpg

And while i was at it i put the Quick discos i picked up from a fellow jeeper today!

0830092208.jpg

My project is comming right along! I have the rear lift leaf packs sitting here, just got to get some bushings and have them clamped.

Back