• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I was wondering

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
If anyone on here has any connections with the National Parks Department? I am trying to plan something big that i will be inviting everyone to that is on here, but i need to see if it is even allowed first... So if anyone knows someone that knows someone in the Nation Parks Department please let me know...

Lets just say if i can get this on the planning stage then i will be informing Petersons 4 wheel mag and JP mag.

If anyone on here has any connections with the National Parks Department? I am trying to plan something big that i will be inviting everyone to that is on here, but i need to see if it is even allowed first... So if anyone knows someone that knows someone in the Nation Parks Department please let me know...

Lets just say if i can get this on the planning stage then i will be informing Petersons 4 wheel mag and JP mag.

First... go to the National Parks Service website http://www.nps.gov/index.htm
and determine in which national park you want to have your event. For instance, the only National Parks, in Southern California, that allow off road driving are Death Valley, Joshua Tree and the Mojave National Preserve. Find the requirements for a permit. For the MNP, they are here: http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/permits.htm

Knowing somebody, isn't going to get you around the permit process. There isn't a federal employee who's going to fudge the rules, because you're a "friend of a friend." On the other hand, piss somebody off and you'll quickly discover that misspellings will get your application kicked.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just because you think you've got a cool, new idea, doesn't mean diddly to the NPS, NFS or BLM. In fact, flaunting the Primedia card only lands you into yet more permit requirements.

Back