• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket Pitman arm replacment

eatsleepoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i got a 2000 xj with a 3'' lift. i just bought a new pitman arm that offers a lower drop to help correct my alignment. is there anything i should know before pulling it off? will i need a pitman arm puller to get the stock one off?

AT 3" did you instal a trackbar with a drop bracket? If not you don't need the drop pitman arm. In fact it may very well make things worse, cause bump steer.

x2, at 3" I don't think a drop pitman arm is going to do much good, and may make things worse.

how will it make things worse? won't it bring my tierods back to the stock position? what do u suggest i should do to help my alignment/steering?

What problems are you having with your alignment/steering?

To answer your original question, you will need a good impact gun, 1/2" drive minimum, 3/4" better, a good compressor, and a HD puller, and the last couple I have done a BFH helped quite a bit.

how will it make things worse? won't it bring my tierods back to the stock position? what do u suggest i should do to help my alignment/steering?

Well for one thing your tie rods are not connected to the pitman arm, the draglink is. The position of the tie rod should not have changed with the lift, If you are lifted 3" you DO NOT want the Draglink in the stock position, but you DO want it as close to parallel with the trackbar as you can get it. At 3", unless you moved the mounts for the Trackbar they should be pretty close.

You dont want a drop arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back