• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3in lift?

GinisKratos

NAXJA Forum User
This might sound totally out there... but..

How much lift does a 3in lift give?

I ask because both my 88 and 89 XJs have "3in lifts" Both I bought with the lifts installed. (one is a RE and the other is a Rough Country) But my most recent buy, the 88, sits alot lower.

When i first got my 89 i found the stock ride height on these forums. I took a tape measure at the center line of the Jeep, Right between the front and back doors. Was exactally 3in higher then stock...

I just got in from measuring the 88 and its 1in lower then the 89.

So my question is. What should a 3 inch lift give you? I know lifts settle and change. But the height diffrence is enough for me to wonder either A) the 89 had more then 3in. or B) the 88 had a 2in or less.

Oh and both are running 31in tires that measure the same height. (took a level from the top of the tires and measured, they both read the same)

There are many things that can affect actual lift from a kit. AAL vs full spring packs vs bastard pack new coils or spacers, brand, aftermarket bumpers, actual vehicle weight, tire size(considering how you measured). RE lifts do give a little more that advertised, this is to allow for the installation of heavy bumpers and winches, and still maintain advertised lift and to allow for settling.

Thats one other thing thats throwing me off. The Rough Country Jeep (89) is the one with all the added weight from bumpers, a heavy box i made for tools and recovery equipment and all that. The 88 is stock other then the tires and lift. I'm really thinking it has a 2in or something wonky. It looks on 31s with its "3in lift" like a stock XJ does with no mods.

Thanks for the imput guys :)

Ed

As with most things, not all lifts are created equal. Some dont give you as much lift and some give you more. Some sag faster than others. There are a lot of factors tho.

Back