• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a lawyer

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for the most successful civil lawyer I can find to help me sue the county of riverside. I will not get into the reasons here because it would just take too long. I need to find the most skilled attorney I can who will work on contingency. I am so effin poor that I cannot even pay a retainer and the reason for this is the reason I am filing a lawsuit. I have exhausted all other means to get fair treatment and now this is my only hope. If you know anyone who is good at what they do, is for the underdog, and can work on contingency, please let me know. Thanks

i think i wouldve stoped working, if you TAKE a paycut, fair or unfair, you still take it.
you arent a slave, couldnt you have walked away?

did someone say paycut?
stapler1.jpg

John. Call me. Wife runs callahan & blaine. Google it. Prolly the best business lit firm in oc or cali and has been known to set records in settlements. Only issue is u have ONE shot to explain ur case to who ever I can get u a free consult with there. If they don't take it they will tell u why and its prolly a loosing venture.

first things first - if other ref's don't work out, try legal zoom.com - they vett their lawyers carefully, and they answer simple questions & tell u if u have a case.
my brother was a harvard law review honoree, & graduated harvard - he's in jail, cuz like all lawyers, he's a scumbag!

first things first - if other ref's don't work out, try legal zoom.com - they vett their lawyers carefully, and they answer simple questions & tell u if u have a case.
my brother was a harvard law review honoree, & graduated harvard - he's in jail, cuz like all lawyers, he's a scumbag!

Can John visit him in jail for legal advice????

don't know, julio, think he in fed prison -owed over 100k in child support, had false id, was deputy director of human services in minnesota (oversees child support)

It has to do with being unfairly forced to take a paycut/demotion without a chance to argue my side of the issue. I did the right thing and got bent for it.

California is a right to work state. That means you can quit any damn time you feel like it. Conversely, it also allows your employer to terminate you any time THEY feel like it. Along with the ability to terminate you, the employer could reduce your pay, change your job description and/or function. For instance, you could go from being a $100K human resource vice president one day to an $8 per hour maid the next day. LEGALLY. Your employer does not have to give you any opportunity to argue your side of the issue. Your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Your only recourse is being able to prove you were discriminated against because or your age, race, sex, religion, ethnicity or any other Hyphenate American subculture covered under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and subsequent amendments.

I don't know how large of a company your employer is, but Title VII only applies to companies with at least 15 employees.

Unless you can prove discrimination beyond any doubt, you're likely hosed.

California is a right to work state. That means you can quit any damn time you feel like it. Conversely, it also allows your employer to terminate you any time THEY feel like it. .

Before you go trying to state california law, you might want to actually know it! NO, you cant just fire someone in california. If your company is a very small under (I believe but dont quote me) like 50 employee's then Yes you can fire at will. But my wife cant just fire a POS receptionish or personal assistant at the firm when they dont show up for work or are sick all the time. She has to get a file filled with paperwork proving the reasons for it when and if she can get the state to be able to just fire...

In any case.
Untill you call a Actual attorney (not some .com company) you will not know for sure if you are just crying for nothing more then tears, or if you have a case to actually try for...

Not sure what the details are or if you have a case. I wish you the best luck.

As an FYI, I work for UCSD and due to the state budget crap, the UC system is doing furloughs. Within my pay rate, it equates to 7% pay cut for the next year and could extend longer.

Welcome to the state of Kalifornia...

Back