• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn dont work!

flingshot

NAXJA Forum User
Just got the Jeep a few days ago and among other things, the horn isnt working. The contact ring under the center cap seems to be in tact and there are no blown fuses (Unless the PO took it out completely)
I put in a new relay. Didnt work.
I spent a few minutes on it but had to get back to work. I dont even remember seeing the horns anywhere under the hood.

Any suggestions? (Besides screaming "Get out of my way" out the window....:laugh:

use your finger!
images

edited to actually say something useful:

J/K, the horns are located one on either side behind your front bumper. The front tires have a tendency to tear off the wire leads if you run over size tires. take a look there first, run a couple of jumpers directly from the battery to each horn to be sure the horns actually work.

The horns are on each side (there are two for dual tone operation) right behind the bumper between the quarter panel and the inner fender, that's about as well as I can describe it. You'll see them if you poke around a bit in there.

Now would be a good time to put in a genuine JC Whitney "fun" horn!

I only have a left one!:laugh2:..........OK I found one horn on the Driver's side, the other one is m.i.a. I jumped the one that I have to the battery and it works famously. Still nothing from the button though. I have traced all the wires and everything seems to be hooked up correctly.
A J.C. Whitney Fun Horn would be great but I would like it to work from the horn button like it is supposed to. ??????????????

Is the XJ air bag equipped?

Just for grins and giggles, what year/engine, etc.?

With the jeep off and nice and quiet if you push the horn can you hear the horn relay in the dash click? If not check power to relay and check horn button in column.

heh I have an air horn off of a fire truck on the roof... I haven't hooked it up yet though :/ waiting for my compressor to arrive in the mail.

You probably have a bad wire going to the passenger side one.

Back