• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'll repo anything...

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
As long as I make my money :D

tc1.jpg

tc2.jpg

tc4.jpg

Haha yea no kidding. THe guy was super cool, it was his daughters car, she didn't have insurance on it like an idiot, and ended up rolling down an offramp. They paid on it for a while, since it was HIS credit, but in this economy paying for a totalled car is silly, he just took the hit.

Pretty good shape for a roll over.

how do you feel about the show repo men? ive always wanted a real repo guys input

Pretty good shape for a roll over.

That's what I thought!

how do you feel about the show repo men? ive always wanted a real repo guys input

This is a touchy subject with a lot of repo guys. "Repo Men: Stealing for a Living" is less popular than "Operation Repo". The first show, Repo Men, isn't QUITE as bad, but still has some pretty obvious acting in it. It portrays repo guys to be complete a-holes, and we're really not. Sure, sometimes you have to be a bastard to make your money, but most of us are humans. Then again there ARE definitely the punk repo guys. And there's dirty shiesty dishonest repo guys who give the rest a bad name. We try to operate legally and smoothly whenever we can.

I can tell you this, I have not once gotten into a fight with a DB, there has only been one situation that I couldn't leave and that's because I was blocked in a culdesac. Any other time, when it gets that bad, you leave if you have to. Exactly how long you wait before you leave is up to you and your nerves. The problem with shows like these two shows, is in order to make the job seem extreme, they play up EVERY little aspect and come up with outlandish stories. Operation repo is the worst at this, and it makes my job hell. You wouldn't believe how many times I got "I watch operation repo..." followed by some smart ass remark like "I know the law" or "You aren't allowed to do that" or "Don't pepper spray me". These are the issues I'm presented with, that and the fact that debtors see this on TV, and think that's how you're supposed to act.

Everybody is a street lawyer now days now because they watch a fictional show about repo'ing. They would bet their life on their knowledge of the law, which is sad because 90% of the time they're DEAD wrong.

The other thing is people trying to hide their cars etc. It's making me have to work harder, which is fine, but just keep in mind when I work harder, the more determined I am to take your vehicle no matter what.

All in all, I along with most repo guys, wish this show would go away. Let us slip back into the back of peoples minds and off their tounges, it makes our job way easier when you're not thinking about us. :cool:

Jim i can/will vouch for that i know exactly what you mean. no body ever thinks about what it does to the rest of us GOOD GUYS before they act a fool and make us all look bad. some are in it for the adreniline rush and a chance to act like a bad ass. but those are the ones that dont usually life too long or not on the job long enough to know better before they get there asses handed to them. and most of us are in it for the expierence and to make a reasonable living.

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS, MAN! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO END THIS WAY!

photo-int-matt_burch.jpg
this guy is on my top 5 most hated people on TV list.

and crazyjim. i know all to well what you mean.. I have spent more time being nervous in my life then i would like to admit:wave:

yea i meant to say operation repo

im not a repo guy by any stretch but i hate the show, sometimes it is like a train wreck and i cant help but watch

i was just kinda satisfying my curiosity and thank you for confirming my suspicions that they are fake a holes

and aso thank you for not being like matt and yelling at me to back off haha

you know. i havent met skwerly yet but i hope he doesnt look like that. this guys a puss. lol. ive met and talked to ben and billy and from what i hear skwerly is not like that. So the last comment is an insult IMO.

haha thats why i didnt link. thought you'd like that one skwerly, sorry curt :roflmao:

Yea the TC's do pretty good in crashes cause of the rounded shape, makes em a bit more sturdy. if anyone remembers when ben got t-boned the xB's dont do so well :(

Back