• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ intake power?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I want to see some dyno sheets if anyone has some from the intake swap.
Ive seen claims of 15hp but I just found a dyno sheet on jeepstrokers that was a 1.9hp gain.
Some people said it was the OBD crap so if anyone has a renix dyno sheet that would be awesome.

Also wondering what RPM the gain is at.

i put on an apn header and the 99 intake at the same time.. noticed stronger pull at higher rpms, 15hp at the wheels? def not. but it made a difference.

I also read that it won't do crap on a stock motor. It's going on a ported 7120 head on a 4.7 stroker.

It's worth it and a walk in the park for 96-98xjs(B.Styles) cause the p/s bracket will bolt on w/o mods.

It's worth it and a walk in the park for 96-98xjs(B.Styles) cause the p/s bracket will bolt on w/o mods.

I'm already screwed on my ps steering pump because I'm using PSC Hydro and they dont make a bracket for the renix.

Which also brings me to the question is the 97+ TJ ps pump bracketry the same as the
97+ XJ? because that's the only one PSC has listed :dunno:

Thought I read somewhere it was good for around 5hp on an otherwise stock 4.0l and good for as much as 15hp on a built engine.

I've been reading these numbers too but no dyno sheets to back them.

I don't think many people have access to dyno's, or really care enough to pay to see if it did anything. I think its more like a slap it on and be done with it.

i put on an apn header and the 99 intake at the same time.. noticed stronger pull at higher rpms, 15hp at the wheels? def not. but it made a difference.

this is about how i feel. i did the same apn/'99-up intake swap on my '96-totally bolt on and go. it definitely helped, but it's not a wild improvement. i also noticed a slight increase in mpg, maybe 1-2. if you can pick up the intake for a good price, and your probably needing to replace the cracked o.e. header anyway...i'd say it's worth it.

I already picked up an intake off ebay. I'm just wondering if there's proof out there :)

I can't see it really being worth the hassle for 5 or so hp. Especially of its top end, its a trail rig. Not to mention the possibility of breaking a bolt in the head.

Inlet 043.jpg

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoIntakeManifold1.htm

Thanks Gojeep

Is there ANYTHING Gojeep hasn't done? We could pretty much toss the whole mod tec. area with a link to his web site.

Is there ANYTHING Gojeep hasn't done? We could pretty much toss the whole mod tec. area with a link to his web site.

hahaha its so true!

If you read the page, you'll find the old injectors were swapped at the same time.

Mulit-variate experimentation is not the best way to isolate gains from any one upgrade.

Yes Crash and why I left that info in there so you can make your own judgement from there. Pity he did that at the same time but not all can afford to run a dyno an extra time just to see the difference I guess.

Yes, good data none-the-less. Most people WOULD be swapping out crappy old injectors at the same time, so it does have relevance. I just didn't want people buying into that dyno chart without knowing the background.

I am going to be upgrading my Renix 4.7 this winter (summer for you!) to a 91-95 head and 99+ intake. I am going to get a baseline dyno run on my 7k mile stroker ahead of the swap.

oooh I'm working on a 4.7 7120 head 99 intake too. I will be very interested in your dyno runs :D
What are you using for a TB? Is this what your building?

4.7L medium-buck stroker

Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
Jeep 4.0L 6.125" rods
Keith-Black Silvolite UEM-KB944 +0.060" bore forged pistons
9.6:1 CR
CompCams 68-231-4 206/214 degree camshaft
Ported big valve 2.02"/1.60" cylinder head
Mill block deck 0.020"
Mopar/Victor 0.043" head gasket
0.051" quench height
Flometrics F&B 68mm billet TB
Accel 26lb/hr injectors with adjustable FPR or MAP adjuster for '87-'95 engines, Accel 26lb/hr injectors with stock 49psi FPR for '96 and later engines.
271hp @ 4900rpm, 333lbft @ 3500rpm

Back