• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auto dim mirror with compass

rebelrat

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj lareado with ohc temp and comp. I also just scored a self dimming mirror from a tahoe with compass in it, does anyone know what the 3 wires on the mirror go to? And can I hookit up to the wiring on my ohc

look at the back of the mirror. look up the brand name(probably gentex) and the mirror model number. I put one in my 89 but cannot remember what wire went where. Mine is auto dim, temp, and compass though so I probably had more wires(because of the temp sensor)....

Gentex Mirror Model 177 Wiring-courtesy of magimerlin on NAXJA

GM wire harness color function
PIN 1 PINK-POWER 12v
PIN 2 BLACK-CHASSIS, GND
PIN 3 LIGHT GREEN-BACKUP LIGHTS
PIN 4 GRAY-TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 5 PINK-TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 6 DARK GREEN/WHITE-TEMP PROBE
PIN 7 BLACK/WHITE-TEMP PROBE

Temp sensor-Borg Warner WT5520
Sensor plug-Borg Warner PT5706

Jeep Splice Colors
White/Black is switched 12v
Black/Green is ground

I pulled out the middle three pins because we obviously don't have autodim side mirrors and I didn't care about it undimming in reverse because I don't look at my RVM in reverse. Hope this helps you out, if its a different model mirror just search for a wiring diagram.

Gentex Mirror Model 177 Wiring-courtesy of magimerlin on NAXJA

GM wire harness color function
PIN 1 PINK-POWER 12v
PIN 2 BLACK-CHASSIS, GND
PIN 3 LIGHT GREEN-BACKUP LIGHTS
PIN 4 GRAY-TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 5 PINK-TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 6 DARK GREEN/WHITE-TEMP PROBE
PIN 7 BLACK/WHITE-TEMP PROBE

Temp sensor-Borg Warner WT5520
Sensor plug-Borg Warner PT5706

Jeep Splice Colors
White/Black is switched 12v
Black/Green is ground

I pulled out the middle three pins because we obviously don't have autodim side mirrors and I didn't care about it undimming in reverse because I don't look at my RVM in reverse. Hope this helps you out, if its a different model mirror just search for a wiring diagram.

magimerlin....hey wait that's me..:wave::wave: forgot I put that up . Thanks BIGSLVRXJ

Back