• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front & Rear Brake Lines

JaysXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing a 3" to 4" Junk Yard lift on my 92' XJ and I need front and rear brake lines. What year YJ brake lines will work? Both autoparts stores are saying Cherokees and Wranglers use the same part number.

I measured my old one and the front measures 19" total. Any thoughts?

Aren't YJ brake lines LONGER than XJ's?

Thanks,

Yes. YJ lines are longer used them with my 3.5 RE. Have the article at home and will post a link after work.

This is from another post I posted this info in...

"for the front get the O'Reilly # BH38620 and BH38621, these are Chevy p/u lines and are cheaper then yj lines, and a better fit to me. On the rear I use one from a 96 Dodge Dakota. I am at 5.5 or so and have plenty of slack at full droop, both front and rear.

Keep an eye on your ebrake lines. at 4" mine were actually stopping my drop. i.e. they were VERY tight(no slack in the cable)

Finally home from work....but MPSlayer has provided the link I was thinking about. It works on my 3.5" RE and on my 2" OME.

Back