• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Tank Gargle

berbacher

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 cherokee sport; right after it has been running there is a gargling sould that seems to be coming from the fuel tank. Is my fuel pump about to go or is this normal?

I also have a 98 and mine has done that since the day i bought it......the gurgle is especially loud after I re-fuel. Since my XJ starts up no problem I'm not suspect of the fuel pump.....thinking more like breather tube or some kind of run-back to the tank.....in any event....hasn't effected the reliability of my Jeep in the slightest.

I also have a 98 and mine has done that since the day i bought it......the gurgle is especially loud after I re-fuel. Since my XJ starts up no problem I'm not suspect of the fuel pump.....thinking more like breather tube or some kind of run-back to the tank.....in any event....hasn't effected the reliability of my Jeep in the slightest.

x2, probably nothing to worry about, just the fuel evap system at work. You are not getting any codes are you? If the fuel cap has been replaced with the wrong type it could cause problems, but I think it would be more than just a gurgle.

Back