• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Graphic new warnings to be mandated on cigarette packaging

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I mean like pictures of bleeding brains, dead babies, and blackened lungs.

I'm all for people not smoking. Personally, I think people who smoke have a mental defect...I mean the first time you try it, you cough and gag and sometimes puke and say, "Yeah, gotta get me some more of that!" WTF?! But this seems, to me, to be going too far with things. If you really feel that strongly about smoking, just friggin ban it, tax the hell out of it (even more so than currently) or leave it alone. People smoke. That's their choice. The only time I really care is when I'm forced to breathe their smoke, and that's usually a matter of the smoker being inconsiderate more than anything else. I work with guys who'll smoke with cigarettes kept inside the truck in an extended cab F150, when the other two passengers aren't smokers. Guys who light up in their office, then walk through the warehouse, right past all the rest of us non-smokers.

Anyways, I'm getting off-topic. As much as I hate smoking, I'm startin to feel for the smokers of the world. Thanks Obama.

Link

One day the government will get its wish and all us smokers will quit. Then all that tax money will dry up, and we'll all be paying for the healthcare costs of all the ex-smokers who are now living longer and having medical problems associated with old age. It all balances out; the government just manages to screw everything up.

Alcohol should be sold with pictures of gruesome traffic accidents. Throw some dead children on there too.

Abortion clinics should have pics of aborted fetuses? Candy shops should

have pics of fat people? What else?

Back