• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS bolt size

aparke4

NAXJA Forum User
lost one while changing out CPS on 99 xj 4 door with aw4 - any idea on size and thread pitch? I hope i lost it on the floor and not in the opening of the tranny where the sensor goes in!

Yeah, not quite as easy as that.

You need to use the correct OEM bolts or the CPS/CKP will not be positioned correctly.

Salvage yard, dealership, or remove the inspection plate and fish around in there with a magnet/search that floor real good with a bright flashlight.

I'd be really afraid to start it with the bolt possibly lurking in/around the flywheel personally... better to find the original.

dang thats what i thought - it is SO tight in there i think i have to take the plunge and cut a window for access to the CPS so I can look down with a light and magnet - I have replaced the CPS a couple times in a year and I do not want to do it anymore - this will make life easier anyways - I have cut so much on my jeep I am beyond cutting the tranny tunnel...

thanks :NAXJA: as always - i will report back as soon as i find the missing bolt - It is the upper right bolt that is more on top of the tranny... I heard the bolt "fall" but I did not see it hit the garage floor so i bet it is inside that CPS slot... how far down does that go into the tranny?

Take off the inspection cover. It's only like four bolts.

Back