• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Length of Rusty's Long Arms

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
For anyone that has the Rusty's long arm setup, can you please tell me how long from eye to eye the lower long arms are?

I do not need anyone to voice their opinion on this setup, I just want some measurements. and how many inches of adjustability the arms have.

I called rusty's and they couldn't tell me the length nor could they tell me the bore hole size of the flex joints on the frame end on the long arms. I then went to their online chat thing they have now and talked with a rep and I asked him about the arms, and he told me that the arms can be any length I need them to be. So i guess I will just measure up my current arms and just get them to build em up.

well you can do some logical deduction here - the arms mount to a new x member which puts the arm mounts frame side at the x member give an inch or two - then, you attatch the other end of the long arm to your control arm mount on the axle - so measue that distance from "eye to eye" and factor in weld in bungs and joint length and you should have a good measure...

It really depends where you mount your arms on the frame side... X member or no X member (like RK long arm mounts)

how are you mounting the arms frame side?

well you can do some logical deduction here - the arms mount to a new x member which puts the arm mounts frame side at the x member give an inch or two - then, you attatch the other end of the long arm to your control arm mount on the axle - so measue that distance from "eye to eye" and factor in weld in bungs and joint length and you should have a good measure...

It really depends where you mount your arms on the frame side... X member or no X member (like RK long arm mounts)

how are you mounting the arms frame side?

I already have some "RK style" brackets already on the jeep ready to go. I just need the arms to go in them. I wasn't aware that Rusty's built them as you order, so they can be any length I need them to be, So saturday I am just going to measure up my current lower long arms and call Rustys up.

Well if you need them made anyway,go somewhere other than Rusty's!

ya no offense but there are much better routes for arms if you are going from scratch and for a better deal than rustys will give you for a "custom order".

ya no offense but there are much better routes for arms if you are going from scratch and for a better deal than rustys will give you for a "custom order".

I mean, I feel that what I could get the lower arms and upper arms for, is a good deal. I would like to make them myself and could save some dough, but I don't have the time and I want to get this done before it gets cold.

Back