• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did 00' intake manifold swap cant figure out PS pump and bracket HELP!

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i know plenty have done this mod.

On my 95 xj 4.0 ho swapped for the 00 intake manifold.

Got her all bolted up took off old power steering pump brackets and did buy the 2000 power steering backet but what else do i need.

Looks like i need, or fill in blanks thanks

1- adjustable idler pulley with washer and bolt
1- long adjuster bolt and adjuster nut
1- longer belt from a 2000 xj

Then it looks like i remove current idler pulley and belt has a different routing i found on google.

you need the bracketry AND THE PUMP from 96-up

Almost forgot about that.

Yes you need the newer style pump, I forgot how but the mounting points are different on it.

The only thing you may run into a problem with is routing the pressure line on the newer style pump while using the older style fuel rail (send/return lines). One of those lines will rub the pump reservoir, so I covered it with some rubber hose and zip ties.

i pulled all the old brackets of my 95 power steering pump and it bolts right up to the new 2000 xj bracket are you sure i need a new pump too and yes it does look like the fuel lines will rub, i already have rubber on the lines so we are good there.

I made the 00 intake work on my 94, but reworked the tensioner to pull from the opposite side of the bracket(drilled hole and relocated bolt) and ended up having to get a longer belt and the ribs rode on the smooth pulley(brother never sent me the euro grooved one). It worked well.

That write is for the right hand drive and differnt fan mount power steering bracket.

I need to know how to hook up my power steering pump and run the belt and tensioner and all.

I still have the 95 Power steering pump, installed the 2000 intake. Put on the 2000 power steering pump bracket and my pump bolts right to the intake and mount no problems.

Its when i have to put tension on the belt i need a way to adjust that pulley beneith the power steering pump thats the issue. Right now i have it rigged using old belt and puttin a screw in the power steering pump and tilting the pump so there is tension on it.

i reused the original bracket just had to modify it a bit
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Hey swampman

Thats man

I re-used my old power steering pump bracket and old pump and OEM belt on my new 2000 intake.

All i have to say is thats was a lot of grinding to get it to fit. i think i have 3 cups full of aluminum shavings.

painted it black and cleaned up really nice.

sdff001.jpg

sdff002-1.jpg

Awesome thanks for this I'm going to have to modify my PSC brackets like this. did you measure how much you had to grind off?
subscribed! :D

unless they don't make it for the 99+ like PSC :D

It was a grind and measure method with a cut off wheel and air grinder. Basically just bolted and unbolted the bracket 10 times till she fit just right, and drilled two new bolt holes. Took about an hour or 2, painted it and she works great.

i contacted PSC and they said the TJ one is the same for 99+ XJ

You would think they would list that. Thanks. I still have to mod it to fit the renix until I put in the stroker o_O

Can someone post up a 99+ "intake for dummies" swap parts list? I have a 1997 thats a pouch compared to our 2001. I know the 31's make some of the difference, but it cannot make ALL the difference.

Anyone? I need a parts list! :)

Might end up doing a header and full exhaust while I'm at it since the current header is leaking.

What kind of power is expected with a header swap?

iam geting ready to do mine this weekend,mine is a 98 its a clean swop,no parts to mod,power stering pump is the same from 97 01,reuse your inj,on 97-01,switch some vac lines around thats it good to go and reuse your t-body,at least that what i have been told .also go to try 24lbs ford inj there 24 lbs x 39 psi,and only 98 use 23.5 x 49 psi inj,thinking there to big but what the hey!easy to try out ,there so close maybe they will get some hp,are real bad gas milage?

Back