• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suddenly I feel like drag racing my Jeep.

Yeah, I've always wanted to have a pavement pounder and an off-road vehicle... I like the Jeep to take me anywhere, and I like the car to take me anywhere fast.

1/4 mile rated.
Very cool. I left drag racing for 4x4's and maybe if they rebuild a track out here i could go back......thinking a drag Commanche though. Gotta keep it Jeep.

Same here, The track in palmdale is no longer...Fontana i'm not too fond of and I liked it more when Pomoma Held the street legal drags back in the day.

::Sigh::

Same here, The track in palmdale is no longer...Fontana i'm not too fond of and I liked it more when Pomoma Held the street legal drags back in the day.

::Sigh::

I guess there is a bunch of us that left drag for 4x4s lol.. I was racing out here at Famoso and doing the whole street drags also... But when i lost my license and car i decided to get out of it and bought my jeep when i got my license back

julio irwindale still runs a run what you brung night every thursday on the 1/th mile. not a full track but its fun to go watch.

irwindales page
http://www.toyotaspeedwayatirwindale.com/index.asp

thursday night thunder :D
http://www.toyotaspeedwayatirwindale.com/dragstrip/site/dragsched.asp

let me know if you want to roll out to watch the street drags some night ill go with you, i love going out there.

Yeah, i ran my civic at irwindale but the track is to short. only went there once. Its be cool to go though. hit me up, i havent been to any drag races ina while.

I guess there is a bunch of us that left drag for 4x4s lol.. I was racing out here at Famoso and doing the whole street drags also... But when i lost my license and car i decided to get out of it and bought my jeep when i got my license back

Yeah, i sold my Civic a while back and bought a jeep. Still have a 88 sedan as a daily though. Sometimes i miss it my 90 sedan.

I wonder how the unibody holds up to that much power.

Same as a Camaro.
The drag race guys have the same structure, and reinforcement issues as 4 wheelers.

I'm SO impressed that he stuck with a Chrysler BB. That's classy. Anyone can stab a 350 into anything - that's too easy.

To implement a 440 in an engine bay of that size - now that's determination! :)

I found this jeeps twin! It was sitting in the pick your part in wilmington. It's kinda hard to see because of the pic quality, but thats a nice fat slick on the back!

l_7ffa5de2bc4643eeae83a6782e889b22.jpg

l_59dbc45c094f4e8187b969759f458409.jpg

Same as a Camaro.
The drag race guys have the same structure, and reinforcement issues as 4 wheelers.

Very True lol. One of my buddies cobra mustangs tweaked really bad. Looking at it from the front you can see that the unibody was twisted a little. A roll cage does a lot to a cars structure.

Back