• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aux. tranny cooler/ winch question

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Those who have put a winch behind the crossmember or in front of the radiator, what have u done with the aux. tranny cooler, just relocate it or get rid of it completely, i was just gonna get longer line and put it towards the top of the radiator, but one line has a quick connect so I take it that is pressure and can't be just a barb fitting with hose clamps, any help is appreciated

when i put my winch in front of my cross member i left my cooler where it was and packaged the winch around it everything is very tight but i worked, here is what mine looks like with the winch in front of the bumper. Oh and I had to replace my cooler lines a while ago and just used trans hose and barb fittings on teh whole thing and used two hose clamps on each connection and haven't had a problem.

P1030262.jpg

Mine
DSCF0460.jpg

I have never had a tranny cooler, but my AW4 has a built in tranny cooler on the radiator. I have never over heated it (to the point of fluid coming out), and I just put in a new CSF 3-core that also had a built in cooler

Hijack Time: Is the built or bought?

Built but took alot longer then I would have liked it to, pain in the but getting the placement of componets correct and to get everything to line up right.

Im making the bumper right now, and the winch plate sits about an inch out from the radiator, so I cant leave the cooler in stock location, so Ill probaly just get longer lines and move it to the top on the radiator, thanks for the help

After mounting the winch tucked bad as far as it would go, around a 1/4" from the rad i didnt have enough room in front of the rad so i moved the tranny cooler behind the front crossmember mounting it to the bottom section of the 16" electric fan that is over hanging the bottom of the rad.....

014ypn.jpg

Back