• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally Finished my First lift

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
I actually finished it last Monday, but I have been out of town and unable to upload pics. I want to thank every one who took the time to help me out with this!
Lift kit used: Old Man Emu 2.5"

Unlifted with a lot of sag in the rear

P8100140.jpg

Just the rear

P8180151.jpg

Finally done
P8260159.jpg

P8260160.jpg

P8180152.jpg

I ended up with a little over 2.5" in the front and a little under 2.5" in the rear. Next will be new wheels and tires then I'm thinking about doing a 1" shackle in the rear and 1" spacer up front.

Last edited:
Looks great!

I'm halfway through with mine - getting very lucky with bolts, I haven't had a weldnut break loose yet and I've already got the front leaf eyes undone on both sides. All I needed was a breaker bar and my foot even though it's been in the rust belt for its entire life...

Of course, I'm being lazy and taking an angle grinder to the U-bolts as they are very rusty and not being reused anyways. Looks like I won't be doing that writeup I was hoping to, as it is raining pretty hard here and I don't want to kill my camera.

EDIT: note for anyone reading this thread! REMEMBER TO GET LONGER BRAKE LINES! especially for the back. I forgot to.

EDIT: note for anyone reading this thread! REMEMBER TO GET LONGER BRAKE LINES! especially for the back. I forgot to.

i went 2" w/o a problem, if your still using stock LCA's the LCA's will hit before your brake lines fully extend, and if your still worried about them coming up short, you could simply unbolt them and relocate them lower.

i didnt need longer brake lines until i put on my 4.5" coils and aftermarket LCA's, im still running 3" longer shocks and when i just unbolted the hoses from the fenderwell and fulled extended, they didnt get stretched out like i had expected them to, the shocks topped out first.

im not saying to not get new brake lines, all im saying is if moneys tight and you cant afford the extra 100 bucks on brake lines then you can simply relocate your stock lines lower and more forward.

Looks really good, I almost went with the OME because i'd heard so many good things about them, but ended up with RE because I wanted a bit more lift. I'm sure it rides great!

khary, i would think the hd's would be the same only a lil stiffer, the height shouldnt change much i wouldnt think but if they did in fact send you the wrong part i would replace it, should have like a 90 day warranty or something

ARB lists the CS034RA leafs( medium duty) as giving 2.5" of lift and the CS034RB's (light duty) as giving 2 inches. Since 4WD.com lists the kit as a 2.5" kit and sent me coils and spaces to get 2.5" in the front I am thinking that they just sent me the wrong leafs.

i liked 235's on my 2" lift better than 31's or 30's... more flex =), you may have more ground clearance going with bigger tires in the end but i think when your trying to crawl over rocks you will be able to tuck it a little more and get more flex.

im going 4.5" and 31's, and keeping my stock flares and wheels

Back