• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ in a ZJ

skifryk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a cut in half 93 XJ with a great motor and a 93 ZJ in great condition other than a shot motor and computer. They are both 4Liters with man trans and the same options. Can I swap the motor into the ZJ?

Yes the motor will swap right in, and the ZJ trans will bolt up to the XJ motor.

12GAXJ said:
I dont think ZJ's came with sticks. I could be wrong though. You say they are both manuals? You can use the 4.0 from the XJ, just use the ZJ computer system and stuff. Good luck.

they did in 93. Very Very few of them were made though

93 ZJ used AW4 transmission behind the 4.0 also.

After that it went all down hill (ChryCo auto transmissions)

i have a 94 ZJ 4.0L in my my 95 XJ. i think i swapped out the temp sensor for the gauge, and the oil pressure sending unit (just cuz mine were newer, but i think they are the same). other than that everything is the same.

Littlewhitexj said:
^ Were 93's exclusively AW4 Autos, or were some of them Chryco boxes too?
What i've read is that it started with the AW4 and at some point in late 93 or early 94 they got ChryCo transmissions exclusively.

Back