• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick tire question

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
My yJ has Procomp Extreme 33 inch MT tires on it. My question is does the sidewall tread cause you to get random "Pull" while driving on pavement. By this I mean you are driving a long and start to turn with a curve and it wants to make you go opposite direction and you have to correct it even more by turning it more. This happens both ways at random times. I dont know if its the side tread catching the road and causing this?

Both my XJ and my YJ like to drift back and forth as well but I am thinking that is the bigger tires on them, but this is not what I am talking about above, I just wanted to mention it for clairification :).

Only if you are so low on tire pressure that the side walls are folding under, which I doubt. Sounds more like a alignment issue or something worn out.

Ok thanks guys that seems to rule them out then :).

My yJ has Procomp Extreme 33 inch MT tires on it. My question is does the sidewall tread cause you to get random "Pull" while driving on pavement. By this I mean you are driving a long and start to turn with a curve and it wants to make you go opposite direction and you have to correct it even more by turning it more. This happens both ways at random times. I dont know if its the side tread catching the road and causing this?

Both my XJ and my YJ like to drift back and forth as well but I am thinking that is the bigger tires on them, but this is not what I am talking about above, I just wanted to mention it for clairification :).

it is not a tire problem, sounds like your toe is messed up. might want to get it checked out or just save money and do it yourself. not hard at all. GL.

It also pulls to driver side at times when applying the brakes. I took the tires off and looked at the brakes (they feel good ) and saw that they are in good working order with plenty pad left.

I hadnt thought about toe on it. I will have to check that as well :).

I should just have someone who knows front ends well come over and feed them some dinner or something and help me check over the front ends on both rigs so i dont waste time fixing things i dont have too heh :).

Back