• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift vs. speed

jeep came with 27's

35-27=8

8/27=.29

If you are running stock gears your speedometer will read 30% slower than you are going.

I.e. when you are going 60 your speedo will say you are going ~40

If you change your diff gears to something that will put the Tcase output RPMs in the same range, you'll be less inaccurate, and depending on a lot of stuff may put the drivetrain back to where the power curve will match up with when you need the most power. There are a few threads on this, I haven't had to worry about it yet. Your mileage will also likely improve a lot, at least on-road.

i will soon get regeared to 4.56 so i dont want to buy speedo gears until i get that done. every little bit counts$$. but i also just needed to know what to compensate for till then so i don get pulled over all the time. i didn't think it would be off that much so i was doing 5-10 under but with the 30% thing that means i was doing 85-90 every where i went:(!!!! not good

fair enough! I don't much enjoy getting pulled over either, and I imagine "officer my tires are so huge that my speedometer is way off" will probably get you a laugh and a ticket instead of just a ticket.

depends on how many PSI's the tires have... ;)

My speedometer was dead accurate with 30" tires and now w/33s and stock gears (for now) it is off by about 10%. Both verified by GPS and those radar signs ...Your Speed is: on the side of the road.

I have 30s on mine with 3.73s and my speedo is about 2mph off up to about 45-50. And 5 mph above that.

Back