• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to buy first

yea i am working on that. im considering a hybrid OME lift( OME 1.5" lift with shackles and spacers) but thats going to be further down the line.

actually im looking on quadratec and it would only cost me about $300 for OME coils and leaves. that saves me to get some shocks and other goodies

First we need to know what you plan to do with your XJ. how big of tires, size lift, and if you want to race or just F around and go fast :D :yelclap:

Edit: If it were me i'd probably save my money until i had around 2k. This way you will have more options on suspension upgrades and will be less likely to mismatch parts that may or may not work together. ;)

Last edited:
First we need to know what you plan to do with your XJ. how big of tires, size lift, and if you want to race or just F around and go fast :D :yelclap:

Edit: If it were me i'd probably save my money until i had around 2k. This way you will have more options on suspension upgrades and will be less likely to mismatch parts that may or may not work together. ;)

Agreed.

well i highly doubt i will race my jeep if i do it would be off in the future. maybe if i felt like setting my jeep up to scca standards i could do some rallying over here on the east coast. pretty much i want to make a "mini JS jeep" something along the lines of 3-4" of lift and 31's, tons of bump.

JIM: whats the specs on your 2.0's?

in that case i'd still save my money and buy some nice suspension pieces. then get some nice prerunner bumpers, lights, and recovery gear for when you get stuck. :cheers:

well i highly doubt i will race my jeep if i do it would be off in the future. maybe if i felt like setting my jeep up to scca standards i could do some rallying over here on the east coast. pretty much i want to make a "mini JS jeep" something along the lines of 3-4" of lift and 31's, tons of bump.

JIM: whats the specs on your 2.0's?
12" travel 8 way adjustable 2.0 remote reservoir up front, and around 10" travel in the rear, same 8 way adjustable compression settings. They work good as you can see from my videos.

12" travel 8 way adjustable 2.0 remote reservoir up front, and around 10" travel in the rear, same 8 way adjustable compression settings. They work good as you can see from my videos.
What about your mental note Jim?

for 480 i'd go with... lift, new rear leaf pack first of all, no add a leafs, they will just kill you in the long run...
yea AAA's suck, im thinking about running a spacer and bastard pack untill i can afford the more expensive stuff. such at OME 3" lift, and tires. speaking of tires i need some new ones ASAP...

if you lived in CA i'd sell you some 2" lift coils for 30 bucks then you could buy some blocks for the rear.

people can badmouth blocks all they want but every lifted truck has a set and i've ran blocks for the last 6 months w/o a problem, you just have to make sure your u bolts stay tight.

Back